THE LAUNDRESS Wool & Cashmere Shampoo was developed by combining cedar extracts and sulfate-free shampoo to clean and preserve the natural components of the yarns. This product can be used for both hand and machine washing. THE LAUNDRESS Cedar scent is perfect for both everyday washing and added care for seasonal storage.
Special Care & Tips:
Wool & Cashmere Shampoo*, Stain Solution and/or Wash & Stain Bar
Fabric Fresh Cedar, Scented Vinegar, Sweater Stone, Mesh Bags, Stain Brush
• De-pill first if the item has heaving pilling. Brush the pilled areas with The Laundress Sweater Stone and shake out.
• Examine for stains: pre-treat with The Laundress Stain Solution or The Laundress Wash & Stain Bar. Always treat stains first and pre-soak for most effective removal
• To remove dirt, grease, grime (i.e. ring around the collar) treat with our Wash & Stain Bar. Wet bar and work into the fabric.
• To remove juice, wine, coffee, pen, chocolate use our Stain Solution and Stain Brush.
• To remove odors: pre-wash or pre-soak with The Laundress Scented Vinegar. Apply vinegar directly on odor areas and work stain solution into the fabric. Soak well.
• Turn your clothing inside out. This prevents abrasion and lengthens the life of colorant dyes.
• Do not mix colors, wash with like colors only.
• Turn item inside out to wash the fabric where stains and odors buildup on the inside closest to your body and under arms.
• Prepare a “bath” –basin of cool/tepid water with 2 capfuls of The Laundress Wool and Cashmere Shampoo.
• Submerge item(s) in bath using your hands to agitate the water and detergent.
• Soak for at least ½ hour. It is harmless to leave soaking for longer unless you are washing silk.
*DO NOT PANIC if you see color in the water. This is normal and it is simply the yarn dye releasing color. You will not notice any loss of color at the end.
• Rinse well - running room temperature water until soapy water is gone.
• Do not wring; press the water out of the item instead.
• Change machine setting to woolens/delicate cycle. Make sure water temperature is cold. Add the appropriate amount of Wool & Cashmere Shampoo to the machine.
• Turn item inside out and place in a Mesh Bag and wash. Start cycle.
• Remove from the washer promptly to reduce creasing. Do not put in the dryer!
• To dry - place item on top of a towel making sure the towel and item is flat and in its original shape, then roll up in the towel (like a rolling pin) to remove excess water.
*To speed up the drying process, use more than one towel and repeat several times.
• To finish drying - lay item flat in its natural shape on a drying rack or towel. Hang, if item will not stretch or deform.
• When dry - finish removing any extra pills as noted above.
• We like to steam our wool/cashmere for the perfect finish. (this is not necessary).
Tips and Tricks:
• When storing for the season, spray with The Laundress Wool & Cashmere Spray and place in a breathable cotton bag with a zip closure.
* Also store with a natural bug repellent such as Lavender and/or cedar chips ( do not place on item)